Hunger Task Force is one of the charities supported each year by the Lakefront 7s festival. We support Hunger Task Force by holding a food drive leading-up-to and during our annual rugby festival.
Teams, spectators, and all other individuals can contribute to the food drive by bringing non-perishable items to the team registration area between 8AM and 6PM and depositing them in the the provided Hunger Task Force boxes.
Local companies and other organizations can also participate by putting collection boxes at their offices. Boxes will be provided and collected by Lakefront 7s volunteers. Interested parties should contact us to arrange box drop-off and pickup.
The Hunger Task Force will accept most non-perishable items but some items are preferred such as:
- fruits canned in their own juice
- low-sodium canned vegetable
- lean protein sources such as canned chicken, tuna, and beans
- whole grain foods such as oatmeal, brown rice, and multigrain pasta
- health snacks such as granola, nuts, and breakfast bars
The full list of preferred items can be downloaded here.