1. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? Parking at the event is $5. Shuttle busses are not available.
2. What can/can’t I bring to the event? Pets and weapons are not allowed. Professional photographers and videographers require accreditation.
3. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? No. Teams should arrive at the check-in table, present your Team Name and sign the liability waiver.
4. What is the refund policy? A full refund for team registrations will be provided if you notify us of your cancellation 30 days before the day of the tournament. After this time, refunds will not be provided.
5. Do you accept credit cards for concessions and merchandise? Yes.
6. Can I register the day of the event? No.
7. How many fields are at the venue? A lot. Please refer to the venue page for a detailed map.
8. How many players can each side have? 15 for most teams except USA Rugby qualifying matches which can only have 12 (see also the full competition rules).
9. Do I need to be a member of USA Rugby? No. The Lakefront 7s festival is not a sanctioned USA Rugby event. Members of USA Rugby will not receive membership benefits such as secondary medical insurance for incidents that occur at the Lakefront 7s festival.
10. Can I just show up and play for any team? Yes, under limited circumstances. (A) You must include your name and sign the team’s liability waiver, and (B) you must only play for one team on the day of the event.
11. Why is your event so formal? With 150+ matches played every year, organization, communication, and on-time execution are paramount. To ensure a smooth event, we have strict policies on registration, kickoff times, scheduling, etc. We believe this also results in a more consistent and enjoyable experience for all participants.