The Lakefront 7s hosts teams and spectators with a varied degree of rugby experience, including a significant number of minors. As such, we expect all participants and spectators to adhere to a basic code of conduct so as not to endanger themselves or others nor jeopardize the success and reputation of the tournament.
Some examples of proper conduct expected from all attendees include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Show respect for match officials, event organizers, volunteers, spectators and other players.
- Make safety your first responsibility on and off the pitch.
- Compete with in the laws of the game.
- Applaud good play.
- Verbally support in a proactive manner.
- Do not become involved in physical aggression
- Do not change kit out in the open. Either bring a tent to change in or use the available rest rooms.
- Restrooms are available, so please use them (and not just for changing kit).
- Overnight camping is not permitted. Pop-up tents to protect from the sun are allowed during the daylight hours but must not be staked into the ground (use weights instead).
- Alcohol consumption is permitted on-site, but please mind the minors and their parents who are attending. All attendees are expected to drink responsibly and arrange for any transportation in advance as public transit is NOT available at the tournament venue.
- Garbage and recycling containers are provided. Make every effort to use them throughout the day, and do a final ‘sweep’ of your area when you are leaving the venue.
- Rugby is a full-contact sport and on-field safety is the first responsibility of all players, coaches, referees and other participants. Ensure that you and your teammates are familiar with and practice safe rugby technique at all times.